Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Men don't dance with their hands above their heads...well, straight men don't. Gay men sometimes do. Their range of motion is bigger as I guess the fear of being called gay is gone and they can reclaim the movement of their bodies. But straight men arms may go as far as their shoulders, with the exception of the raised fist of the "oh yeah" or whatever it is they are saying. But that is not really dancing. I was at a Ratdog show recently, where every dances. And the men where grooving...but most with their arms down low. One guy was grooving out, arms everywhere, but I would bet my bippy he was tripping his face off.

This is just one of many things that makes me glad to be a girl...dancing with my hands above my head, in my hair, at my side, in the air...wherever the music deems to take them. A full range of motion.

Life is good.

1 comment:

keishua said...

So, true. That is why I always enjoy dancing with gay men. Straight male dancing is pretty boring.